Underwriting Assistant-Client Services
This position is responsible for fulfilling the Companys service objectives by providing prompt, accurate and courteous service to agents, policyholders, and business partners concerning policy transactions, renewals, customer inquiries, and requests for information. Utilizing the Companys automated systems, the Underwriting Assistant will respond to inquiries concerning policy transactions, renewals, policy coverage, premium billings and payment status, basic policy information, routine and coverage questions. The Assistant Underwriter will have an individual level of underwriting authority as assigned by CSBP Management. This person will be required to hold a current Property & Casualty license. This position represents the front-line of customer service and customer perceptions and is critical in demonstrating the Companys commitment to complete customer satisfaction.
- Process renewals, endorsements and other transactions as needed to meet the needs of the CSBP department. Complete pre-renewal reviews as assigned. Document the transactions as directed by department procedures.
- Understand Commercial and Ag policy forms, coverages, and processes as assigned.
- This position responds to incoming calls through the Companys automated-calling system and requires active listening skills to assess customer needs, inquiries, and information. The incumbent must identify the nature of the call, assist the caller by completing policy transactions, determine appropriate coverage, and respond to payment, billing, and policy inquiries. Calls of a complex or technical nature may need to be referred to a Lead, Supervisor, appropriate department or business function for assistance and resolution.
- Accept payments over the telephone per billing system mandates and Company financial guidelines. Substantiate receipt of payment and confirm payment verification to the policyholder or agent.
- Respond to agents, policyholders, and business partners concerning CIG billing policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate documentation of all customer inquiries by noting CIG systems according to CSBP processes. The Assistant Underwriter must document all pending issues and service actions for follow-up as required by CSBP processes.
- May perform outbound-calling activities and conduct customer surveys to determine customer satisfaction, verify policy information, or update customer history information, as deemed necessary to fulfill the department service objectives and the delivery of quality customer service. In addition, the Assistant Underwriter may perform systematic calling initiatives that increase or enhance the customer relationship as well as provide enhanced benefits for the customer, as directed by CSBP Management.
Strong communications skills are required along with the ability to speak and write grammatically correct English. All candidates must have basic knowledge of insurance and policy information, business mathematics, and excellent customer service skills. The position requires accurate and articulate individuals who are comfortable interacting with a diverse group of customers and who may have varying degrees of sophistication and understanding regarding insurance products and services. This position involves extensive use of telephone equipment, computers, peripheral equipment, and specialized software or databases. Incumbents must possess an exceptional ability to perform detailed work accurately and consistently.
Education and Experience
All candidates must have the equivalent of a high school diploma. Associates Degree or higher preferred. Must hold a valid Property & Casualty license in the state of residence and maintain ongoing insurance continuing education courses. As needed or required, may secure P&C licenses in other states. Candidates should possess two to five years of work experience within the insurance industry in Commercial or Ag Lines.
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Career Growth
- Life Insurance
- Established and well respected company
CIGs main office is located in beautiful Monterey, CA.
Learn more about us by visiting ciginsurance.com.
Learn more about our benefits here.
Capital Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. EEO/M/F/V/H