Field Property Claims Adjuster
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!Manages, investigates and resolves assigned Property Loss claims. Provides policyholders with exceptional customer service. May assist Claims Representatives with in-person inspection/policyholder contact where necessary.This position will cover the Boston, Cambridge, Charlestown, South Boston areasResponsibilities:
- Investigates, determines coverage of loss and adjusts all elements of assigned Property Loss claims.
- Conducts inspections of loss sites, writes appraisals for dwelling repairs and issues payment to policyholders where possible. May work with a Liberty network contractor in the appraisal process.
- Explains coverage of loss, assists policyholders with itemization of damages, emergency repairs and additional living arrangements.
- Works with and may coordinate a number of vendor services such as contractors, emergency repair, cleaning services and various replacement services.
- Identifies suspicious losses. Recommends referral to SIU where appropriate and may assist the SIU in their investigation and settling of the claim.
- May be called upon for catastrophe duty. For Catastrophe (CAT) roles, investigative fieldwork includes a high amount of travel to claim location.
- Requires working knowledge of claims handling procedures and operations.
- Demonstrated understanding of building construction principles.
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively and independently manage workload while exhibiting good judgment.
- Strong written/oral communication and interpersonal skills. Computer skills with the ability to work with multi-faceted systems and analytical skills.
- The capabilities, skills and knowledge required is normally acquired through Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience and at least 1 year of directly related experience.
- Ability to obtain proper licensing as required.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (16 years)
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time