Senior Software Developer
- Career Level
- Not Specified
York Risk Services Group is a premier provider of insurance, risk management, alternative risk, pool administration and claims management solutions to clients across hundreds of industries. Recently named by Forbes as one of "America's Best Midsized Companies 2017" We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
The primary function of a software developer is to design, develop, and deploy software products that support business initiatives including, but not limited to, creating competitive advantages, operational efficiencies, B2B or B2C interfaces, and new business verticals not viable without the aid of technology. A software developer is also tasked with the integration of 3rd party applications and products with our proprietary systems.
A software developer is expected to have or grow a good understanding of the core businesses the software supports. He or She may also be asked to interface with stakeholders for the purposes of requirements gathering, testing, product validation, and troubleshooting.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development (coding) of the software product
- Design of the software product, which includes, but is not limited to, database design, class design, and user interface design
- Testing of the software they develop, both in Unit tests as well as Integration tests
- Troubleshooting issues that can be caused by business process changes, faulty code, training issues, etc.
- Support and mentor less senior developers and assist the development manager in managing timelines and schedules
- Engage in work that is intellectual and requires the exercise of discretion and independent judgment
- Primarily engaged in duties that consist of the application of systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications
- This position reports to the Manager, Software Development
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience
- 5 - 8 years
- Above average Critical thinking and cognitive reasoning ability
- Highly skilled and proficient in the theoretical and practical application of highly specialized information to computer systems analysis, programming and software engineering.
- Time management skills.
- Interpersonal communicaiton skill both verbal and written
- Knowledge of relational data model
- Knowledge of software architecture and implementation patterns
- Knowledge of development and deployment methodologies