- Career Level
- Not Specified
York Risk Services Group is a premier provider of insurance, risk management, alternative risk, pool administration and claims management solutions to clients across hundreds of industries. Recently named by Forbes as one of "America's Best Midsized Companies 2017" We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
The primary focus of the Cloud Engineer is to lead the administration of G Suite by Google Cloud. The position will guide the integration of cloud solutions for storage and compute. The position will interface with multiple infrastructure services and internal application development teams.
Additional responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Evaluate and recommend technologies to help create a cloud migration strategy for business critical application systems
- Interface directly with business leaders and development teams on cloud migration plan
- Knowledge of cloud based storage - (Amazon S3 - Azure)
- Understanding of Cloud applications architecture and micro services model development including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- Experienced with using Cloud Orchestration/Workflow Automation and building distributed scalable applications
- Experience using Docker containers and PaaS (such as CloudFoundary, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Rancher)
- Experience working with native AWS technologies such as Lambda, RDS, SWF, SNS, ElastiCache
- Experience in IaaS platforms like Azure, AWS, and Google; and the migration of apps from on prem to cloud
- Understanding of cloud security architecture and controls for cloud migrations
- Experience with configuration management tools such as puppet, chef, ansible, salt, etc
- Understanding of security integrations using technologies such as ldap and oath
- Experience with vmware and virtualizing windows and linux workloads in private and public cloud environments
- 7+ years of relevant job experience Administration, Engineering, Storage
- Successful completion of a medium/large enterprise migration to G Suite or equivalent cloud platform
- Able to work with various development teams to implement and assist with best practices.
- Project focused self-starter with an ability to multi-task and shift directions as needed.
- An unfailingly positive and respectful attitude towards all teammates and end users
- A desire to share and impart knowledge relevant to the job
- Extremely detail-oriented capturing incident and project notes in a ticketing system
- Excellent oral, written and computer communication skills with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Able to work closely in a collaborative role with other team members in local and remote locations
- Positive attitude with a focus on looking for solutions instead of focusing on problems.