Senior Recovery Technician (Workers Compensation), Commercial Insurance
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Advance your Claims career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
At Liberty Mutual Insurance, Claims is not just about processing paper, it's a vital part of satisfying customers, managing company resources and fulfilling Liberty Mutual Insurance's mission of "helping people live safer, more secure lives." You will put your investigative and analytic skills to work; communicating with policyholders, witnesses, legal and medical professionals, and others to gather the critical information necessary for the prompt, fair and equitable resolution of many different types of claims.
Liberty Mutual Insurance is currently hiring for a Senior Recovery Technician position supporting our Workers Compensation recovery team. In this role you will coordinate, investigate, and recover workers compensation liens by pursuing the responsible third party and assists in providing service to policyholders/customers through subrogation efforts.
- Coordinate, process and resolve SUS and low dollar HOD workers compensation third party claims referred by the Workers Compensation Branch Claim offices.
- Investigate and identify responsible third parties, determines liability, and use all available resources to maximize the recovery of the Workers Compensation lien.
- Communicate with branch office case managers, policyholders, injured employees, witnesses, etc. in order to gather information regarding the accident and use internal and external resources when appropriate.
- Create a refund card with an estimation of the dollars expected to recover on the Workers Compensation lien.
- Notify third party and/or third party insurance carrier of our Workers Compensation lien and right of recovery.
- Post Action Plan in electronic file outlining the course of action to bring the subrogation claim to resolution with target dates.
- May negotiate with third parties or third party carriers to resolve the Workers Compensation lien. Rarely negotiates with plaintiff counsel for lien resolution.
- Update files and provide comprehensive reports as required.
- Apply refund check to Workers Compensation file and notifies branch office of recovery amount and file disposition.
High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Good interpersonal, analytical and negotiation abilities required.
- Knowledge of legal liability, general insurance policy coverage and State Workers Compensation Act.
- Licensing required in some states.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Weston
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (11 years)