Sales & Business Development Manager (NC)
- Career Level
Our agency is entering yet another phase of growth. We are currently seeking a bright, creative, and results-oriented sales professional to join the management team.
If you are ready to step up to a new challenge in your career, keep reading to learn about an opportunity you're not likely to find in many other independent agencies.
Sales & Business Development Manager's Primary Duties
- Actively initiate new relationships and manage existing agency relationships with key centers of influence in the farm and agribusiness industry, for example:
- Poultry and hog integrators
- Farm/ag lenders
- Farm/ag construction firms
- Farm/ag equipment dealers
- Positively contribute to overall agency management, with a spirit of brainstorming and creative collaboration
- Take pride in results of personal work, without over-reliance on delegation. Be extremely well organized and maintain excellent attention to detail.
- Perform detailed renewal reviews with top agency customers.
- Consistently network with existing customers and centers of influence to:
- Develop agency brand awareness
- Strengthen agency market presence
- Maintain leading knowledge of industry trends
- Develop and maintain a knowledge of all new poultry and hog farms being built in North Carolina, for business solicitation purposes
- Build and maintain a pipeline of other qualified prospective agency customers
- Produce a minimum of $30,000 of new P&C agency commission annually
- Be highly self-reliant and self-motivated to achieve individual and agency goals
- Maintain an excellent and collaborative relationship with the agency VP of Operations
- Travel 3-4 days/week, with 5-10 overnights per month
- Work within a budget set by agency ownership
- 4 years minimum P&C insurance sales experience (Commercial and/or Farm)
- Relevant educational achievements that demonstrate a commitment to self-improvement and lifelong learning
- Professional accomplishments that demonstrate excellent sales, leadership, and management skills
- Proficient with all modern office technology and business smartphone use
- Creative, collaborative, solutions-oriented professional
- Motivated by both individual and team success
- Competitive compensation with salary plus commission and bonus opportunities
- Company vehicle
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan with company match
- Many intangible benefits of working in a “family-owned,” “small-town-values” agency
- Available for the right candidate
Established in 1915, Johnson Insurance Services, Inc. (dba Johnson Farm and Agribusiness Insurance) is one of the oldest independent insurance agencies in the United States. Johnson Insurance has grown from small town humble beginnings into a well-respected niche specialist operating in six states and counting. While the office still remains in that small town (Mocksville, NC), the agency is entering yet another phase of growth.