1 day left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Position Description Summary:
This position handles large personal and commercial lines property and casualty losses. The Multi-line Adjuster has not yet attained the industry designation of Senior Multi-Line Adjuster, but has at least 3 years of property and casualty experience and is comfortable handling larger more complex losses independently, professionally and efficiently. In addition to handling losses, the Multi-line Adjuster is accountable to capitalize on marketing opportunities to assist in growing the business for CLUS.
- Examines claim form, policy and other records to determine insurance coverage. It is noted that the investigation method will vary according to claim type.
- Consistently produces high quality product with superior customer service that is timely and responsive.
- Interviews, telephones or corresponds with the insured, claimant and witnesses; consults policies and hospital records; inspects property damage. Determines negligence and liability and accurately determines damages.
- Prepares reports of findings and negotiates settlements.
- Assists and works with legal department when settlement cannot be negotiated by adjuster.
- Attends litigation and mediation hearings.
- Identifies and deals with salvage as directed by the client.
- Uses the Link System during the claim handling process and is responsible for maintaining assignments within the Link System and according to the Best Practices as defined by CLUS.
- Identifies subrogation issues and prepares subrogation notifications as directed by client.
- Prepares estimates of damages to property
- Obtains reports from experts as requested and secures reports on incidents or accidents investigated by local, regional and national authorities.
- Assists in marketing for the branch as well as for him/herself in order to develop a personal following of clients.
- Follows all maintenance requirements on vehicle per vendor coupon book.
There is normal office environment when working inside the office. When in the field, travel is often required to visit with clients, claimants, vendors and others involved in gathering data and resolving claims. Weather might be inclement, may have to work in high, precarious places like roofs, subject to night duty and 24 hour emergency call. May have to lift or move up to 50 pounds. May have to climb ladders and walk on unstable surfaces.
Problem Complexity and Independent Judgment:
Complex losses requiring ability to define problem, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions in order to make decisions requiring a high level of judgment. Decisions made may affect the company and the client; ability to make hard decisions that may adversely affect the client/claimant required.
Education, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) and/or the equivalent in comparable industry experience
- 3 or more years of property and casualty loss adjusting experience including large homeowners and commercial experience
- Must hold adjuster's license if required by state law and complete annual continuing education requirements as mandated by company
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as insurance policies, procedure manuals, safety rules and operating and maintenance instructions
- Above average computer skills consisting of word processing, spreadsheets and email needed
- Strong working knowledge of property estimating software such as MSB and/or Xactimate required
- Must be organized with excellent oral and written communication skills