Teamwork. Integrity. Dedication.Together, we make a difference.
If you are a career-minded, service-driven professional looking to join a fast paced organization then you have come to the right place. AAA is a member service organization affiliated with the national AAA network. With offices across the U.S., we're united by common mission and common values of excellent member service. With more than 13,000 employees in 21 states, we provide legendary service to 15 million loyal members. With a constantly growing membership, we are always welcoming dedicated professionals looking to challenge themselves and build a career within our dynamic organization. You will find that being part of a very successful team is extremely rewarding.
- Prepare and understand recurring and non-recurring journal entries for STAT reporting.
- Reconcile GL accounts accurately and timely and resolve reconciling items within acceptable time frame.
- Analyze account activity and balances to determine drivers of change in the financial statements and communicate these findings effectively in verbal and written format.
- Partner cross-functionally with other departments to gain understanding of business and data requirements, propose, evaluate and implement solutions which ensure general ledger balances are correct, transactions are classified properly and reported accurately.
- Prepare and submit financial reports and data required on a timely basis.
- Identify, propose, implement and document improvements to processes and procedures.
- Assist management in special projects.
- Prepare assigned quarterly and annual statutory financials pages and exhibits with a high degree of accuracy.
- Monitor statutory filings to ensure all regulatory deadlines are met.
- Stay current on statutory accounting and SSAP/blank changes,
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or substantial accounting coursework and a Bachelor's degree.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Analytical, organized, accurate, and thorough.
- Strong problem solving and the ability to identify recommendations for process enhancements.
- 5+ years of experience, including private industry; CPA and/or prior insurance industry experience a plus.
- Experience in a medium or large, fast paced company.
- Oracle and Hyperion experience preferred.
- Experience working in a heavy deadline driven environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Willingness and ability to work extra hours as necessary to complete assignments.
- Successful completion of Auto Club pre-employment assessments, background and drug screenings.
Our comprehensive and employee centric training facility located in Costa Mesa provides training programs to help employees acquire various skills necessary to do their jobs and to support career development. Benefits
'Creating members for life by exceeding our members' expectations through valuable products and legendary service.' AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
- Health Coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid time off including Vacation, Illness and Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Disability Coverage
- 401k Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Career opportunities across multiple business lines and states
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE