Software Specialist 2
- Career Level
- Not Specified
York Risk Services Group is a premier provider of insurance, risk management, alternative risk, pool administration and claims management solutions to clients across hundreds of industries. Recently named by Forbes as one of "America's Best Midsized Companies 2017" We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
Junior Application Developer
We are working on a multi-year project to build an application that will help public entities work together to improve their insurance options. Our technology stack is C#, ASP.NET MVC, Node.js, MongoDB, jQuery, Entity Framework, and SQL Server. We are an agile shop and we strive to find innovative ways to solve business problems using technology.
- Develop application features as a member of a software development team.
- Work with Business Analysts and QA Analysts to understand the and determine the best technical solution.
- Ensure high quality performance and responsiveness of applications.
- Maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Monitor and maintain critical business applications.
- Report development.
- 1 - 3 years of experience with .NET development and object-oriented programming.
- Ability to write and understand SQL queries (SQL Server preferred).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Positive attitude.
- Experience with ASP.NET MVC.
- Experience with Entity Framework.
- Experience with reporting tools (e.g. DevExpress, SSRS, etc.).