- Career Level
- Not Specified
York Risk Services Group is a premier provider of insurance, risk management, alternative risk, pool administration and claims management solutions to clients across hundreds of industries. Recently named by Forbes as one of "America's Best Midsized Companies 2017" We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
Job DescriptionJob Description:
- Support claims examiners with daily tasks.
- Comprehend, summarize, and document workers compensation forms and correspondence.
- Generate and distribute form letters to injured workers, medical providers, employers, and attorneys.
- Prepare documents to be filed at the BWC.
- Maintain a daily task list.
- Communicate professionally on the phone with medical providers.
- Occasionally transfer paperless claim files to CD.
- Maintain claim records with updated demographics.
- Good interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Above average computer skills with proven ability to navigate between computer systems.
- High School degree or GED equivalent
- Knowledge of workers' compensation forms and medical terminology preferred
- Data entry experience preferred.
- Experience with paperless filing system helpful.
- Experience working in an environment where attention to detail and accuracy are critical.