V P Finance
- Career Level
- Not Specified
York Risk Services Group is a premier provider of insurance, risk management, alternative risk, pool administration and claims management solutions to clients across hundreds of industries. Recently named by Forbes as one of "America's Best Midsized Companies 2017" We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
The VP of Finance for Commercial Businesses provides management and strategic alignment between corporate finance and Business segments with a primary focus on management reporting, budgeting, forecasting and operational/financial metrics; he/she works with the CFO to develop, design, implement, manage, prepare various financial models. The VP of Finance provides business and financial sense to executive leadership through all phases of the financial planning and analysis cycle.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for developing annual budgets for Yorks Commercial Business segments
- Prepare client revenue forecasts based on continuous client communications and industry/market developments, working collaboratively with business executives.
- Identify needs and create, improve, update board reports and financial metrics adjusted to the changing needs of financial information, to ultimately aid in critical decision making
- Resolve operational or finance issues with extreme flexibility, ranging from being extremely hands on to being able to strategize larger corporate initiatives with long-term visions aligned.
- Involvement with the monthly financial close process, prepare & review journal entries
- Account analysis
- Analyze revenue & expense variances
- Review client billing
- Involvement with management of the core planning functions: results analysis, forecasting, annual budgeting, and strategic planning for the Company
- Direct and coordinate LOB financial planning and budget management functions
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget
- Serve on planning and policy-making committees
- Investigate business and market metrics to measure performance and highlight key issues for senior management.
- Develop reporting used for business updates to both the senior management team and key business partners across the Company.
- Work closely with the senior management team on strategic operating issues, long-term strategies and profit goals through the development and implementation of financial and strategic planning.
- Gather internal and external market/competitive trends.
- Ensure close coordination across several different lines of business and support functions that are geographically dispersed.
- General expense reporting, management, administration and analysis.
- Provide ad hoc analytical support to facilitate decision making.
- Position reports to the EVP, CFO and Chief Strategy Officer
- May manage executive level and management staff
- Directs and plans the work of staff members and has direct involvement with and/or responsibility for the hiring, coaching, developing, training, appraising and disciplinary processes for subordinates
- BS / BA in Business Administration required with emphasis in Accounting.
- CPA or equivalent of MBA preferred.
- 15 years accounting and management experience including previous experience in an executive level capacity, Controller or VP in the service / insurance industry.
- 2-5 years experience in public accounting preferably from a national CPA firm, with Auditing experience/focus.
- Strong background in a blend of both public and private industry experience, possessing highly technical accounting skills.
- Experience in streamlining and establishing practices and processes throughout the organization, balancing client commitments while building for operational leverage and efficiencies. Quality training a plus example: Six Sigma.
- Progressive work history and responsibilities in areas of FP&A, Finance and Accounting.
- Must have experience and successful record of accomplishment working in change oriented/growth environments.
- Leadership experience with ability to provide technical expertise, business sense, with experience in managing and influencing multiple levels of executive and senior management.
- This position requires matrix management capabilities to communicate with and educate finance and non-finance personnel on financial policies, reporting requirements and business trends and opportunities.
- Experience working on strategic initiatives with executive management
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis
- Possess highly technical accounting / auditing skills.
- Complex problem solver
- Client service oriented
- Excellent business skills
- Consistently able to demonstrate sound judgment
- Ability to make well rounded decisions well beyond short term/immediate needs
- Ability to lead, manage and influence
- Strong communication and organization skills; verbal and written
- Must be highly detail oriented and analytical
- Highly self motivated
- Must be willing to be hands-on
- Possess ability to grasp details as well as contribute to broader strategic vision