Claims Service Representitive
- Career Level
- Not Specified
York Risk Services Group is a premier provider of insurance, risk management, alternative risk, pool administration and claims management solutions to clients across hundreds of industries. Recently named by Forbes as one of "America's Best Midsized Companies 2017" We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
As a Claims Service Representative, your primary responsibility is to provide support to all employees. General branch support duties are centered on providing support to our staff so that together we can best serve our customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with monitor fax machine/printers and our new loss email address throughout the day for new assignments.
- Review of adjusters report submissions, including both technical and non-technical issues. Including, but not limited to:
- Application of good grammatical skills to review the report for correctness and clarity.
- Review of estimates for accuracy and completeness including clients requirements for specific settings in Xactimate for depreciation, waste, tax, etc. Make corrections to estimates as necessary when the adjuster is unavailable and the client needs the estimate.
- Incorporate knowledge of insurance terminology and concepts to the review of the work product. (e.g., coverage labels, analysis of coverage, coinsurance, ACV/RCV, depreciation)
- Review assignment and compare to the work product to insure that all requested tasks have been addressed
- Create invoices to clients per their billing guidelines
- Submit reports to our client per guidelines.
- Remain current on changes in processing procedures
- Provide claims support as directed by leadership
- Complete special projects as requested by leadership
- Search for innovative ways to improve claim assignment and report processing through improvements in technology.
- We respect our customers as individuals and express our appreciation for their business both in words and actions. We strive to provide our customers with fast, caring service throughout the life of the claim. As a Claims Service Representative, you help us achieve our service goals by supporting fellow employees and customers.
Teamwork & Work Environment:
- As a member of our team you contribute equally to our work environment and in our quest to exceed our goals. As a contributor you will be expected to maintain work habits and behaviors which are timely, consistently professional, cooperative and in accordance with company policies and procedures. Your evaluation will be based upon observations and feedback from leadership, peers and the teams you support. The following attributes should be consistently exhibited.
- Interact constructively with your peer group to help remove barriers to success for the team and organization
- Exhibit an effective and courteous phone demeanor
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner; showing empathetic and courteous treatment to all employees and customers
- Maintain a positive demeanor and helpful attitude when assisting fellow employees and customers
- Be flexible and adapt to changes quickly
- Engage leadership when processes or procedures are hindering our ability to achieve our goals
- Continually look for methods to improve efficiency or better utilize company resources
- Adhere to management direction as well as company policies, procedures and code of conduct standards
- Exhibit a desire to improve technical skills required to be successful in your role