Life Underwriting Consultant II
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Life Underwriter will evaluate and assess complex life insurance applications and to establish and maintain positive relations and effective communication with our internal and external customers. Must possess medical and financial underwriting skills.
- Meets standard of quality, training and production.
- Performs all other responsibilities with strict emphasis on the quality of work produced in accordance with company philosophy so as to provide timely, effective service to our customers.
- Orders appropriate requirements within case size, risk exposure and premium involved.
- Analyzes complex underwriting information to classify risk factors presented.
- Identifies unacceptable mortality.
- Provides accurate issue instructions.
- Reviews MIB follow-up hits for underwriting consideration.
- Proactively communicates requirements and decisions to the field.
- Approves and recommends case referrals within authority on a timely basis.
- Resolves field concerns and problems to maintain confidence in underwriting.
- Makes presentations or participates in conference calls to sales force as needed.
- Provides assistance to agents on technical inquiries and general questions.
- Provides answers to complex inquiries regarding interpretation of company rules, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Participates in field travel to various agent and sales management meetings.
- Advises and counsels customers regarding underwriting decisions through proper documentation and correspondence.
- Corresponds with applicants physician and attorneys as needed.
- 4+ years life underwriting experience is required.
- Active in industry education is preferred.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.