Director of Reputation Management
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate is seeking a Director, Crisis and Issues Management, to lead efforts to protect and advance the companys reputation, brand and valuation with the companys key stakeholders. This leader will be responsible for identifying, tracking and responding to potential threats to the organization, developing and executing communications programs to mitigate those threats and leading the companys crisis communications and response system. The position requires a senior level communications practitioner with demonstrated issues management and crisis communications experience, the ability to see the broader playing field and take an enterprise-wide approach, strong, creative and anticipatory strategic instincts and a demonstrated ability to build an issues management practice that achieves buy-in at all levels of a large organization. The company seeks candidates that can go beyond basic planning and response and help it think in new, dynamic ways about managing its reputation more holistically.
- Lead in building, maintaining and managing reputation, providing strategic input about reputation risks and ensure they are understood and addressed across the company
- Lead and coordinate crisis communication response system
- Ensure effective issues management and processes
- Develop and deliver key messages on behalf of senior leadership
- Coordinate response to reputation risk
- Ensure the enterprise has, trained cross-functional spokespeople in place
- Lead and manage executive communication strategies for the enterprise and serve as key advisor to FSVP or C-level executive
- Develop enterprise corporate relations strategy aligned with corporate priorities/goals and leads strategic direction
- Measure effectiveness of strategy at enterprise level and makes adjustments where necessary
- Ensure communication function aligns with other corporate business areas and initiatives for maximum strategic effectiveness
- Identify and set standards for best practices
- Leads ongoing discussions with senior executives on the impact and success of the communications function
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility in:
- Maintaining and managing Reputation at the enterprise level
- Proven track record of mitigating risk and rebounding from a crisis
- Can build trust rapidly and efficiently navigate an organization and key stakeholders
- Expertise in delivering politically sensitive communications to large groups or public forum and prepares presentations aligned with strategic goals of the business
- In-depth understanding of target audience, highly effective writing style and expertise in high impact messaging to wider more strategic audience
- Expertise in communicating the overarching strategic impact of the business and devising innovative ways to align communication goals and activities
- Depth of experience that provides insight into necessary and sometimes anticipatory action on issues facing the company to advance the company priorities
- Expertise in financial and insurance industry knowledge and in communicating the impact trends have on our business and devising innovative ways to align communication goals and activities to capitalize on industry trends
A bachelors degree is required.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.