Senior Manager, Visual Brand and Design
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The purpose of the Consumer Marketing department is to lead the marketing strategy, planning and development of consumer, customer and Allstate Agency communications that build Allstate brand consideration, choice and loyalty; drive brand consistency; and broaden the brand footprint across all media and communication vehicles. The department is also responsible for developing and maintaining Allstate brand identity, standards and guidelines. The Consumer Marketing (CM) team collaborates with various Allstate business and marketing partners -- internal and external to ensure programs and communications are strategically aligned with business goals and strategies and delivered with operational excellence.
The Senior Manager, Visual Brand and Design will take the lead on bringing the Allstate brand to life, setting the visual tone and developing marketing communications to support business objectives. As a design guru, you will help guide and evolve the visual brand identity of Allstate. You will identify and address design needs to help differentiate, elevate and contemporize the Allstate brand through our marketing communications.
You will partner across Consumer Marketing as well as the entire company to integrate and execute the brand appropriately and consistently across all marketing efforts, communications, consumer touch points and agent/customer experiences. The position will be responsible for the overall quality and consistency of communications and materials.
The position will be responsible for managing the internal design and production team, leading all internal creative design efforts to ensure they reinforce the brand strategy and leverage the brand identity. As a team leader, you will set the vision and motivate your team. You will also lead and/or support select external creative agencies as they design and execute advertising and communications.
You will also oversee the design and implementation of an Allstate-branded environment in our 10,000+ local Allstate agency offices, including (but not limited to) colors, signage, furniture and layouts.
This is a bonus-level position reporting directly to the Director of Brand Strategy, Creative and Design.
The leader in this role should be a highly strategic, collaborative design expert that has experience leading others. You should be comfortable working across the organization to help protect and enhance the Allstate brand.
- Play a key role in determining how to visually represent the Allstate brand and the companys key strategic initiatives and business goals through a variety of marketing and communication vehicles and tactics
- Establish, implement and foster a culture of creativity and efficiency to achieve world-class design capabilities and execution
- Contribute to the development, implementation and integration of the Allstate brand identity and visual identity system (e.g. tone, fonts, colors, illustrations, photographs) across the enterprise and all consumer/agency touch points
- Collaborate with marketing colleagues, business partners, external agencies and internal designers to conceptualize, design and implement marketing communications and other visual content for conferences, presentations, and other events
- Set the direction for and manage our in-house design and production team, including: creative project intake and workflow management, creative review/integration, project prioritization, and flawless delivery of quality creative that reinforces the brand strategy and consistently reflects the brand identity
- Provide creative visual solutions to marketing challenges, identifying effective and innovative ways to communicate while reinforcing the brand identity
- Champion Allstates brand design philosophy and standards
- Oversee the strategic planning, design and implementation of an Allstate-branded environment in our 10,000+ local Allstate agency offices, including (but not limited to) colors, signage, furniture and layouts
- Ensure flawless delivery, overseeing typography, formatting, project revisions and version control for design projects
- Oversee several external marketing agency relationships, including contracts, scopes and evaluations
- Creative/design leadership (design, judgment and evaluation)
- Ability to express a design concept and direction visually and verbally to senior leadership
- Understanding of marketing, advertising, branding and design concepts; ability to translate complex concepts into compelling visual solutions that communicate and persuade
- Willing and able to modify creative work based on input from stakeholders to best suit the business while ensuring brand consistency and governance
- Professional attitude regarding work; ability to receive constructive criticism
- High level of attention to detail; well organized with good judgment
- Relationship, interpersonal and negotiation skills (Advanced)
- Communication skills, both written and verbal (Advanced)
- Management of internal creative resources and external business partners/marketing agencies (Advanced)
- Coaching and motivating teams (Advanced)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects (Advanced)
- Presentation development and delivery skills (Advanced)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Flash and Acrobat (Advanced)
- Working knowledge of WordPress, CSS and HTML (preferred)
- Microsoft Office applications (Advanced), especially PowerPoint
- Minimum of 10-15 years of marketing, design and/or creative experience
- Brand design, brand management or corporate branding experience preferred
- Experience leading/overseeing a diverse design or creative team preferred
- Bachelors degree required, preferably in Design, Fine/Visual Arts or Graphic Design/Communications
- Formal design training or background in design; comprehensive understanding of fundamental design principles and demonstrated success applying these principles in real-world applications (a personal portfolio of work spanning a variety of media and techniques, demonstrating knowledge of best practices and industry trends)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.