Business Development Manager
The primary role of the Business Development Manager is to prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients. They must then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company. They must develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship. They are also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients. Business Development Managers work with mid and senior level management, marketing, and technical staff. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the business manager’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Aggressively seek new opportunities to expand company’s client base.
- Sell full feature utilization to existing customers
- Develops excellent relationships with key customers, employees
- Support sales process using CRM
- Drives new sales through the creation prospect lists and works with sales team to obtain meetings/demonstrations
- Prospects own accounts
- Facilitates cross sell efforts between risk control and other York businesses.
- Facilitates marketing campaigns
- Conducts tier 1 demos and client meetings
- Supports new business pricing
- Manages all divisional contracts and client business intelligence
- Facilitates new client onboarding in partnership with our enterprise implementation team.
- Oversees first 90 days of post implementation through partnership with operations managers.
- Provides support for stewardship reports and meetings
- Maintains all divisional contact lists with key contacts
- Attends conferences as an ambassador for York’s business
- BS / BA or Equivalent Work Experience
- 2-3 years sales or marketing experience
- Strong presentation skills
- High degree of self-motivation
- Passion for sales and client service
- Results orientated
- Able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Demonstrated experience with client facing activities
- Basic grasp of sales processes
- Basic understanding of how to leverage a value proposition
- Worked with cross functional teams to implement new accounts/customers
- Insurance important; loss control and/or premium audit a bonus
- Strong grasp of unit level economics and financial information
- Ability to project revenue, expense and understand margin
- Ability to be effective in 1-1, small group or conference settings
- High interpersonal capabilities
- Thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors.