- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Associate Actuary is responsible for stop loss pricing, experience reporting and reserve valuation. This position will facilitate meeting or exceeding corporate profit goals.
- Maintain stop loss rating manual. Communicate changes to Sales and Underwriting.
- Provide Actuarial support on product filings.
- Develop new business and renewal pricing strategies.
- Perform experience studies. Estimate monthly claim liabilities. Communicate results to senior management.
- Assist Underwriters on complex underwriting submissions.
- Overtime required when necessary to meet hard deadlines
- Airline travel required when necessary for training and educational purposes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Finance or other quantitative analysis discipline.
- ASA or FSA designation required.
- 5 or more years stop loss pricing and reserving experience. Working knowledge of Willis Towers Watson stop loss pricing manuals preferred.
Desired Job Skills
- Ability to use applicable computer systems, electronic tools and applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access). Experience with David Young stop loss administration system preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to complete projects timely and accurately with minimal supervision and instruction.
- Demonstrate an understanding and support of corporate and departmental goals and initiatives.
- Demonstrate ethical business practices with adherence to all privacy and confidentiality policies and regulations.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Candidates who cannot perform some or all of these duties because of disabilities will nevertheless receive full consideration for the job based on their ability to perform essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This job description does not necessarily list all the duties of the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the company may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.