In business for almost 70 years, Sentinel Security Life Insurance Company is a rapidly growing insurer of life, accident, health and Medicare supplement insurance as well as underwriting annuities and other financial products. We are currently seeking a General Accountant to support the accounting group. This is a full-time, exempt position located in Salt Lake City, UT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of tasks, utilizing experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals while working independently as well as in a team environment.
- Journal entry preparation, balance sheet reconciliation and account analysis.
- Research and resolve accounting issues.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Experience, Education & Skills:
- Experience in corporate accounting.
- Experience in statutory accounting, commission reporting and reinsurance is desired.
- Possess high attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to perform intermediate accounting functions and responsibilities requiring general supervision.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Advanced Excel knowledge required.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures in the insurance industry a plus.
- Ideal applicants will also have a Bachelors degree in accounting with two to three years on the job experience.
Sentinel Security Life Insurance Company's Home Office in Salt Lake City, Utah is full of energetic, fun, engaged and dedicated employees. Come and be a part of our growing team and enjoy an on-site gym, free massages once a month, monthly staff meeting luncheons, energizing work environment, wellness programs, quarterly bonus opportunities, competitive salary, generous benefit package, 401(K) matching program, tuition reimbursement and friendly co-workers. If you are looking for a chance to work hard, have fun, and make a significant contribution to our dynamic company, submit your salary history and resume today! We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free workplace. A background check is required.