Senior Loss Control Consultant-Augusta, GA
6 days left
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
A rewarding and profitable addition to your independent business.
Alexander & Schmidt is expanding, which creates growth opportunities for you and your business. You can add rewarding and profitable new services and join one of the most talented, highly qualified networks of independent Loss Control professionals in the nation. We are committed to the success of each of our team members and all of our independent contractors. We provide exceptional technical and operational support, and we pay our independent contractors, promptly and in full, for work completed.
Alexander & Schmidt is looking for independent professionals with significant experience in the fields of insurance loss control, fire safety and fire prevention, commercial building inspection, industrial safety, environmental safety, construction management or claims adjusting in the commercial property and casualty or workers compensation fields.
At Alexander & Schmidt, Field Representatives perform on-site property, general liability inspections and prepare reports for insurance underwriting purposes. Insurance companies use the reports to properly insure commercial or residential buildings or properties for a new policy or renewal of a current policy.
- A Minimum 10 years’ experience with a major carrier or working as an independent contractor providing loss control services.
- Extensive understanding of commercial property and casualty lines.
- Property assessments will potentially include the necessity to determine adequacy of sprinkler systems based on occupancy, commodities and racking systems.
- Inland Marine coverages will include builders risk, contractor’s equipment, motor truck cargo, WLL and MOLL and other specialty coverage’s.
- Commercial General Liability will include Premises, Operations, Products and Completed Operations.
- Workers Compensation assessments for regulatory compliance and workplace safety.
- Loss analysis involving identification of trends, root cause and appropriate corrective action.
- Specialty fields such as Environmental and Professional Liability
- Risk Improvement services including training, consulting, hazard analysis and regulatory assessments will also be conducted.
- Solid communication skills—including exceptional writing ability, organizational skills, and computer skills
- Excellent Time management skills
- Professional certifications CSP, OHST, ALCM and/or ARM are preferred, but not required.
- Uploading completed reports, photos and diagrams through a special website or complete reports on web based systems
- Travel within a reasonable territory, 50 mile radius
This work will be challenging and covers everything from contractors to real estate to retail to warehouse and distribution to manufacturing.
High-quality, accurate loss control surveys guide the underwriter in the selection of profitable business, and assist the insured in controlling losses through the demonstrated value of the loss control services provided.