Auto-Owners Insurance, a top-rated Insurance Carrier, is seeking an experienced and motivated Claims professional to join our team. The position requires the following, but is not limited to:
- This position consists of providing feedback, training and educational material to claim associates throughout our operating states from a Home Office setting.
- Willingness to relocate after one or two years of training in the Home Office.
- Good interpersonal skills and accurate mathematical skills.
- Ability to effectively and tactfully deal with all types of people at all levels is essential.
- Travel, attend meetings, seminars and other training classes as required.
- Review and monitor open claims files.
- Provide assistance with coverage, liability and damage determinations.
- Review open and closed files to ensure adherence to claim handling guidelines and state’s Fair Claims Practices.
- Assist with other duties as assigned within the regions or elsewhere on request.
- Assist in developing and presenting educational material to claim associates in classroom and remote settings.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Xactimate software is preferred but not required
- Ability to resolve complex issues
- Organize and interpret data
- Ability to handle multiple assignments
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- 3-5 years of multi-line claims handling experience with increasing responsibilities. Management or supervisory experience is favorable.
Competitive salary, matching 401K retirement plans, fully-funded Pension plan, bonus programs, paid holidays, vacation days, personal days, paid sick leave, and a comprehensive health care plan.
*Please note that the ability to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship is a requirement.
Auto-Owners Insurance is a mutual insurance company comprised of five subsidiary properties and casualty companies and one Life Company. We were formed in 1916; we operate in twenty-six states and are proud to be ranked among the Fortune 500 every year since 2002, with written premium of over $5 billion. Our corporate headquarters is located in Lansing, Michigan. Auto-Owners Insurance offers a wide range of career opportunities and welcomes candidates from all majors. We offer a friendly work environment, in-depth training, employee mentoring, and an excellent compensation/benefits package. To learn more about career opportunities available please visit our website at www.auto-owners.com.