Commercial Lines - Account Manager - Alternative Markets
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
InterWest Insurance Services was founded in 1992 as a result of the merger of three large successful insurance brokerage firms located in Northern California. Our aggressive marketing and acquisition efforts have extended our influence into Central California and the San Francisco Bay Area. During the past 25 years, we have successfully unified into a single seamlessly integrated organization with 8 offices throughout the state. We’ve grown in size from $10 Million in annual revenue in 1992 to over $60 Million.
The Alternative Markets Account Manager is responsible for enhancing and solidifying effective client relationships by providing exceptional customer service with a focus on client retention.
Develops effective client relationships by:
- Maintaining consistent and continuous communication with assigned clients.
- Providing prompt and courteous service and assistance to clients as needed.
- Meeting or exceeding the customer service expectations of clients in accordance with agency standards and workflows.
- Providing needed information, and resolving problems for clients.
Performs or assists with account administration by:
- Completing client servicing tasks related to new business set up and applications, renewal applications, and policy research.
- Maintaining current and accurate customer databases and files.
- Assisting in account processing, including but not limited to preparing proposals, ordering policies, binders, ID cards, certificates, invoicing, premium financing and processing policies.
- Understanding or determining the reasons for account cancellations or potential cancellations to prevent reoccurrences or missed opportunities to save an account.
- Resolving issues relating to accounting or client billing.
Ensures the accuracy and value of service to clients by:
- Maintaining competency and knowledge of client data including policy information, significant dates and deadlines, and changes to client records.
- Escalating client issues or advising the Producer on client issues as appropriate.
- Participating in seminars and other training to maintain required skill levels and enhance job and industry knowledge.
Meets annual continuing education requirements for renewal of Fire and Casualty Broker-Agent License.
Performs other duties as requested by Commercial Lines Manager.
Education – High school diploma required; some college level coursework preferred. Knowledge of, or
experience in the insurance industry is compulsory.
Certification – Fire and Casualty Broker-Agent License
InterWest has a comprehensive benefits section to include:
- Life Insurance
Plus generous Paid Time Off and Sick Time for all employees!
Keywords: P & C - Property and Casualty - P/C - Commercial Lines - Fire & Casualty - Account Manager - Alternative Markets - AM