Brown & Brown is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. We are listed on the NYSE as BRO. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility and strength that allows us to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment. This unique culture has enabled us to quickly chase down new opportunities, adapt our products and services to best meet market demands, and satisfy our many and varied clients. Our drive to be the best has made Brown & Brown one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the nation, with 75 years of continuous service.
Company: Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc.
Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc. seeking an Underwriting Assistant for their Denver, CO office. The Assistant will process timely renew requests, annual audit diaries of any outstanding information. They will also be responsible for processing new submissions, entering them into the system and sending copies and mails new policies to agents. The selected individual will ensure the creation of the files, files declines, deeds and policies.
- Ensure correct end-to-end handling of new business, renewals, endorsements and cancellations for assigned underwriter/underwriters.
- Accurately enters all risk and exposure information into rating system.
- Review collected information for completeness and accuracy and request additional information from the retail agency when necessary.
- Provide clear, timely and professional communication to agency personnel.
- Issue binders, policies and invoices within required time-frames and per established underwriting guidelines.
- Review and accurately process endorsements, including premium and non-premium bearing endorsements in accordance with delegated authority.
- Order MVR’s and complete MVR/Driver analysis.
- Follow up on signed applications, forms, loss control recommendations and account subjectives.
- Participates in pre-renewal meetings with underwriters to determine account service needs.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for servicing needs on active accounts including file set up and completeness.
- Maintains the highest level of customer service internally and externally.
- May accompany the underwriter on agency and/or client visits.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or one or more years prior P & C insurance industry experience.
- Knowledge and/or experience with commercial multi-line insurance; i.e. classification and experience rating.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be detail oriented with strong desk management skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be able to partner effectively with their assigned underwriter/underwriters.
- Self-starter with excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize heavy workloads.
- Good computer skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft products.
- Completion of insurance related courses or equivalent experience in commercial lines insurance.
- Experience with commercial multi-lines of business i.e. Property, General Liability, Umbrella/Excess, Auto and Workers Compensation.
We offer competitive base salaries and bonus plans with a comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, 401K match, paid time off, paid holidays, flex time and much more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.