Auto-Owners Insurance, a top-rated insurance carrier, is seeking a motivated individual to join our Underwriting department as a Premium Audit Examiner. The position requires the following, but is not limited to:
- Effectively communicate with underwriters, processors, agents, insureds and bookkeepers.
- Review audit worksheets and find the information needed to complete the audit.
- Assign, process, and revise audits as they arise in all systems.
- Provide underwriting consultation on proper classification issues.
- Assists with other duties as assigned within the department or elsewhere on request.
Desired Skills & Experience
- High school education or its equivalent is preferred
- Experience in commercial insurance with knowledge of classifications
- Aptitude for basic math and accounting
- Above average communication skills (written and verbal)
- Organize and interpret data
- Ability to handle multiple assignments
Competitive salary, matching 401(k) retirement plans, fully-funded pension plan, bonus programs, paid holidays, vacation days, personal days, paid sick leave, and a comprehensive health care plan.
*Please note that the ability to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship is a requirement.