Education Programming Specialist
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Title: Education Programming Specialist
Reports to:Programming Director
Who We Are:
The CLM is the largest professional association in the insurance industry with a membership of more than 35,000 professionals in the claims resolution and litigation management industries. Founded in 2007, the CLM membership benefits from our networking events, continued education programs and a wide variety of industry resources including the Annual Conference, Claims College, Webinars and Training Sessions.
Summary of Position:
The applicant for the Education Programming Specialist position must possess two to five years of experience handling claims for a major insurance carrier and/or TPA. The applicant must have a general understanding of the insurance industry with emphasis on claims resolution and litigation management. This knowledge will serve to enable applicant to assist with content screening for the CLM's conferences and possess subject matter knowledge when conversing with its member base which consists of claims litigation attorneys and insurance industry professionals. (This is not an event planning or marketing position.)
Duties and responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following tasks:
- Will be assigned a certain number of the organization's Committees/Communities and will be responsible for scheduling and participating in all Committee/Community related conference calls.
- Will coordinate with individuals of this membership based organization to collect and review presentation materials for the scheduled conferences to ensure materials meet company guidelines and include content relevant to the applicable conference for which submitted.
- Will work with assigned Committees/Communities to coordinate objectives and meet established deadlines, i.e. topics and speakers confirmed, receipt of session materials and entry of conference related information into the company's website.
- Will coordinate with the Committee Chairs/Community Board to schedule and develop webinars and post on the appropriate websites. Provides support to the webinar moderator.
- Consistently produce high quality product with superior customer service that is timely and responsive.
- Provide support to the Programming Director and Event Manager to ensure all conference related tasks have been performed.
- Support organizational strategic initiatives and goals to achieve desired departmental results.
- Maintain detailed records (usually on an Excel spreadsheet) of the assigned conferences, deadlines for the deliverables and status of completion.
- Communicate with members via e-mails or telephone, as necessary.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned which may include, but may not be limited to, answering phone calls and performing general office duties as may be required.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee and business information.
- Promote and adhere to company's mission, vision, values and standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher and/or the equivalent in comparable insurance industry experience
- Must possess two to five years of experience handling claims for a major insurance carrier and/or TPA.
- Must possess a high sense of urgency, be exceptionally detail oriented, possess strong organizational skills and have the ability to multitask.
- Applicant should have experience working with internal and/or external groups to coordinate and complete complex projects within strict timeframes.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative and customer service-oriented environment.
- Must work at a fast pace.
- Must possess strong follow up skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Must be able to read and reply to emails within 24 hours or as the urgency of the matter dictates.
- Must possess a strong work ethic.
- Ability to travel for local and out-of-state company hosted conferences and events, as needed, is preferred.
- Must be available to work overtime as needed to meet established deadlines.
Must possess the ability to present information and respond to questions professionally and effectively verbally and in writing. E
Must possess a higher than average level of proficiency in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Internet research and general office technology.
Ability to identify concerns, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. A reasonable degree of critical thinking is required for success in this position.
Apply for Education Programming Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly