Assistant VP - Analytics Strategy
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Responsible for the Business Analytics team charged with infusing advanced analytics into the insurance operation that will deliver insights, improve efficiencies, and drive strategic and tactical decisions. Responsible for the successful integration of analytics into the operation that results in improved business outcomes. Partners with business leaders and the predictive modeling team to develop new use cases and implementations of predictive analytics. Leads the ongoing evolution of our enterprise analytical capability and is responsible for establishing a culture of data based decision making.Responsibilities:
- Proactively partners with business leaders to understand business opportunities and challenges. Identifies opportunities to infuse analytics into our insurance operations to improve operational efficiency, operational effectiveness, and decision making capabilities, ensuring business use cases are aligned with business strategies.
- Leads the efforts of the Decision Support Model (DSM) Core Team & DSM Implementation team through pre-production model testing and acceptance, business rule development, post production testing and monitoring as they relate to business impact.
- In partnership with the predictive modeling team and IT, shapes the data, technology, process and people capabilities required to sustain analytics offerings and ensuring successful deployment and adoption of solutions within business areas. Stays current on industry developments and best practices.
- Tracks, monitors, and analyzes key success metrics to ensure analytics are delivering desired business impact. Interprets results of analytical insights and communicates results to business leaders to drive value.
- Leads and manages all activities of the Business Analytics unit to ensure quality work while maintaining high production and service standards. Coaches and mentors team members, providing growth opportunities, optimization of talent, and maximum resource utilization.
Proficient use of Excel, Access, SQL, Cognos, or other software to analyze and interpret data.
Experience using statistical modeling software such as R, Statistica, SAS, SPSS, etc.
Working knowledge of statistical analysis techniques.
Excellent analytical and problem-solving capability.
Track record of developing and implementing analytical solutions that resulted in improved business outcomes.
Excellent networking and relationship building skills; proven ability to interface with senior management.
Self-starter with strong project management skills.
Proven leadership skills.
College degree required in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Business or related field.
5+ years Underwriting, Claims, Loss Control, or other insurance-related experience preferred.
3+ years statistical modeling experience preferred.
3+ years leadership experience preferred.
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free workplace.