Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Note: The preferred location for this position is Hartford, CT, however, qualified candidates from other areas of the U.S. will be considered.
Under the direction of the Sr. Director of Agency & Field Development / Agency Experience, the Director is responsible for developing and driving strategic initiatives to position our independent agents and PI Field Sales team for growth and sustainability in the changing industry environment. The Director is also responsible for the training, development and business consulting to all Field Sales employees and Independent Agents to help them understand, manage and profitably build their business.
This job requires a broad knowledge of the Independent Agency Channel, agency operations and workflows, and Travelers business to effectively leverage our product/service offerings, identify opportunities and maximize financial results. This role also requires the ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships, influence business partners at all functions and levels in the agency, interpersonal versatility, and the ability to apply concepts of insurance strategies when consulting with agencies. This position will lead a team of Agency & Field Development professionals that will help drive and support business initiatives and strategies.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Consults with agencies to assess current agency operations, sales procedures, structure, opportunity for growth, and other areas as needed. Aids and guides in aligning an agency to be better suited for long-term company growth. Takes advantage of extensive marketing and consultative skills to assist regional sales teams to influence agency behavior. Takes ownership in coordinating and conducting all agency and field development training to assist in better preparing the agents to market and sell company products. Involved in coaching and training agency managers on their approach with agents in identifying growth opportunities. Works closely with all levels of management.
- Partners with PI Field Sales teams to assess current and future development needs to drive and support business objectives.
- Develops innovative learning experiences that are dynamic, accessible, relevant and continuous.
- Leads, drives, and executes all Agency & Field Development initiatives with an emphasis on developing new, innovative offerings while maintaining and refreshing current suite of resources and capabilities.
- Clearly and effectively presents ideas and information, both written and verbal, to internal and external business partners.
- Collaborates on strategic development of resources, tools, and support for all field sales partners.
- Builds strategic business partnerships (i.e. training and marketing) in the development and execution of all field and agent related training including, but not limited to, Field Sales University and the Travelers Agent Leadership Program.
- Responsible for input, design, and maintenance of field sales onboarding and driving continuing education.
- Oversees and takes ownership for all agency / field development initiatives.
- Serves as an enterprise and consultative resource and subject matter expert on Agency and Field Sales effectiveness.
- Presents periodically, on behalf of Travelers, at Industry Association Events and Key Agency Partner meetings.
Minimum of five years' experience in insurance sales or relationship/account management required Experience building and presenting training materials and working directly with independent agents required Knowledge of agent channel operations and workflows required Extensive marketing, sales, and training skills which include proficiency in video, web design, and webinars and PPT preparation required High level of proficiency in developing presentations. Excellent written and communications skills required
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Extensive experience working with independent agents and knowledge of agent channel operations and workflows required
- Experience in insurance sales or relationship/account management
- Strong insurance business product knowledge and experience preferred
- Extensive marketing, sales, and training skills
- High level of proficiency in developing presentations
- College degree and Advanced Education (e.g., MBA) preferred
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Driven to succeed
Fosters creativity and innovation
Strong relationship management skills
Change leadership skills
Strong Business savvy
Strong presentation skills
Travel - Frequently
Operates standard office equipment - Continuously Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-- Continuously
Licensing or Certificates
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE