Sr. Data Analytics Consultant-Ivantage
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Data Analytics team provides information analysis and support at multiple levels of detail to improve the quality, integrity and consistency of all the vendor-provided data that Ivantage relies upon to run its business. The team will ultimately help Ivantage use data more effectively to gain competitive advantages and gather business intelligence for others within Ivantage to optimize business results.
The Data Analytics Sr. Consultant II is responsible for supporting major databases, as well as improving data quality and reliability, and leveraging data analysis to optimize business results. The role will also recommend forward-looking improvements and enhancements that will support Ivantages business goals. The role will consult regularly with Ivantage leaders and team members to discuss data quality, data and analytic needs and information intelligence.
- Use technical expertise to create and manipulate data sets that enable both the team and Ivantage business partners to explore, understand, and analyze the data
- Understand the drivers of business results and use large datasets to investigate and answer business questions, proposes custom solutions for analyzing and solving these problems
- Communicate complex ideas and findings clearly and concisely to a broad audience and ensures understanding of technical matters by non-technical executive decision makers
- Collaborate with others to improve the effectiveness of business decisions and lead projects independently
- Able to analyze ambiguous problems as well as consider implications of decisions and recommendations
- Understand the business problems and propose custom solutions for analyzing and solving these problems as well as potential implications
- Oversee change management of existing reports and data sets as new requirements and data availability matures.
- Invent new and creative approaches to solving business problems and demonstrate out of the box thinking
- Provide thought leadership on analytical topics and technical training to less tenured team members and business partners
- Degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, economics, finance
- Demonstrated analytic agility and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to analyze and interpret moderate concepts and ambiguous problems
- Ability to provide written and oral interpretation of highly specialized terms and data, and ability to present this data to others with different levels of expertise
- Experience in managing and manipulating large, complex datasets as well as incorporating moderately complex techniques
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL and statistical software such as SAS or R
- Experience using visualization tools such as Tableau
- Intermediate experience with Cloudera Hadoop or UNIX
- Understanding of the Insurance or brokerage industry a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.