New Grad - D3 - Associate Product Owner
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Data, Discovery, and Decision Science (D3) is the research and analytics organization at Allstate. We are solving some of todays most complicated analytics problems, making the lives of our of Allstate colleagues easier and more productive, and driving our mission to deliver perfect insurance solutions to our customers. We are avid about learning new ways to get the most value from our massive data resources. As a Product Owner in D3 you will get 10% of your time to innovate, learn, collaborate, and teach. We are partnering to incorporate analytics into every aspect of the enterprise. Developing ourselves and others is key to our success.
The Data Delivery Product Owner is responsible for leading execution and day-to-day activities related to building strategic data products. The role works with an agile team to deliver product vision from inception to delivery and product support. You will be exposed to Data Domain products that are contributing to Allstates competitive advantage in the data space. You will work with some of the brightest minds in business, technology, and D3.
This position is for new graduates with a target start date of January or Summer of 2019.
- Provides support in the governance of business data to ensure data is consistent, accurate, available, and accessible
- Contributes to the common vision by elevating the organizations commitment to clean, reliable, and accurate customer and business data
- Ensure a cross functional view of business data is available to the enterprise
- Implement processes to maintain high quality data assets
- Contributes to project milestones associated with specific data & analytics projects or activities within own department or workgroup
- Manages work through a cohesive plan that outlines objectives, timelines, risks, and deliverables enabling the movement of the most important work forward
- Proactively communicates risks, issues and status to leadership and key stakeholders
- Solves problems to ensure task completion by establishing priorities and resolving conflicts with team members and functional mangers
Areas of Responsibility:
- Program Coordination: Assists with low complex projects/products in an Agile framework with an emphasis on measurable, value add deliverables
- Product Ownership: Assisting with daily scrum activities, modifying JIRA stories during backlog refinement and sprint planning, along with creating sprint demo materials
- Communication & Change Management: Assists in clear product/project communication to all stakeholders involved regarding scope, timelines, issues, and any revisions to them.
- Relationship Management: Assists in efforts to build relationships and maintain current relationships with business stakeholders both internal and external of D3
- Strategy & Business Consulting: Develops a basic understanding of core business problems and looks for opportunities to use advanced analytics.
- Bachelors degree required, MBA preferred
- Will be graduating in Winter 2018 or Summer of 2019.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors degree. Studies related to statistics/mathematics, engineering, predictive analytics or data science is a plus.
- Possess quantitative and analytical thinking skills
- Ability to synthesize data into meaningful conclusions and recommendations to business clients
- Ability to support routine analysis
- Effectively communicate concepts, tools and techniques
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment
- Ability to assist data and technical projects
- Excellent presentation skills; dynamically (persuasively) presenting ideas to management
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.