Production Print Mail Specialist Associate
Sponsorship is not available for this position. ASI generally does not sponsor foreign national candidates for work authorization except for positions that in our determination require highly specialized knowledge and for which candidate sponsorship is appropriate.
Note to current employees: Ensure you coordinate with your team lead prior to applying for this position. We may use additional sources for validating qualifications, (e.g., performance evals, leader input).
American Strategic Insurance is a leading writer of Property and Casualty products. ASI offers Personal Lines Property products in over 40 states, and is currently in the process of expanding nationally. ASI is ranked a top employer in Florida, and in Tampa Bay, for many years. ASI is an independently-managed insurance company that is a member of the Progressive group of companies.
Prior to accepting a position at ASI, candidates must consent to pre-employment background check. Any offer of employment extended is contingent upon the results of the background check.
St. Petersburg, Fl
Property and Casualty
8:00am 5:00pmJob Purpose
The Production Print and Mail Specialist Associate is responsible for performing routine tasks that support the printing, mail processing, and finishing services used to produce transactional and non-transactional Company mailings. Assists in the set-up of jobs on the equipment (e.g., printers, inserters, finishing) by preparing and/or transporting needed materials used in the processing of work assignments. Ensures quality and accuracy of all materials.Essential Job Functions
Listed below are representative of those required on the job. Incumbents may perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Loads paper, envelopes, mail inserts, and booklets on the equipment. Mixes inks, cuts paper stocks, adjusts roller pressures, changes sheet sizes, stocks weights. Performs machine cutting, folding, shrink wrapping, gluing, spiral binding, laminating and collating offset and photocopy projects.
- Loads and bands United States Postal Service mail trays for shipment. Includes applying appropriate tray tags to mailing trays and stacking the trays for delivery.
- Assists in manually processing mail that is out-sorted or damaged by the equipment.
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving equipment issues.
- Assists in performing preventative maintenance to ensure equipment is in safe operating condition as needed.
- Verifies the proper mailing date, postage, weight, contracts, out-sorts, and print quality.
- Assists in documenting / completing paperwork to ensure compliance with service level agreements, project timelines, legal and postal requirements.
- Complies with established safety procedures, policies, and processes with the intent of maintaining a safe working environment.
- Assists with operating printing, processing and finishing equipment as needed.
- Additional hours may be required during peak/seasonal periods.
Listed below are the minimum requirements for job entry.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- This position requires compliance with Progressive's driving standards and/or policy.
- This position requires a valid driver's license and auto insurance.
- Basic knowledge of operating a computer.
- Basic problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects and/or assignments simultaneously
- Listening, verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to adapt to new situations and learn quickly
- Must be able to operate a pallet jack
Listed below are representative of those required on the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to move and/or lift 60 lbs., and move up to 1,200 pounds using a pallet jack.
- Requires long periods of standing (e.g., mailroom)
- May require prolonged repetitive use of the upper extremities
- Exposure to chemicals, equipment, noise and other work conditions typically found in a commercial facility is possible
- Required to frequently walk, sit, bend and kneel
- Required to use hands and fingers to operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms
- Required to climb, balance, stoop, crouch and crawl
- Vision abilities include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus
- Involves operating heavy machinery and equipment
- Involves frequent driving
The ASI Culture is like no other. While ASI stands for "American Strategic Insurance," we also believe it stands for "Attitude, Speed and Innovation." It is through these principles we plan our day and measure our success. This can be seen through the way our team members interact with each other, the fan letters from our agents and customers, to our success during a time where other companies have struggled.
ASI offers outstanding benefits, health insurance for employees and dependents, dental, vision, up to 6% matching on our 401(k) retirement plan, earned time off, life insurance, and much more!