Digital Servicing Product Manager
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. Were on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what theyve earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition:
The Digital Servicing team at Brighthouse Financial is responsible for delivering experiences which enable Advisors and Clients to more effectively manage their accounts online. The Digital Servicing Product Manager role will partner closely with business and technology stakeholders from our functional areas (Marketing, Distribution, Technology, Compliance, Legal, etc.) to define and prioritize the online servicing product backlog. The individual will combine their expertise in the domain of financial services, marketing, and self-service operations, with their passion for building high-quality software in a dynamic and collaborated start-up environment, to deliver user-centric solutions that better serve our customers through innovation, effectiveness and efficiency.
The Digital Servicing Product Manager role will report into the Director of Digital Servicing and will work closely with leaders and stakeholders from across the company, as well as external strategic partners.
- Facilitate the prioritization and execution of a product roadmap for delivering (and enhancing upon) a new online servicing platform used by Advisors, Clients, and internal operations MVP implementation in Q1 2019
- Lead discussion with cross-functional teams to reach consensus on key decisions and deliverables, and from those discussions, write well-defined user stories, use-cases, acceptance criteria, and quality measures for the features to be released within each product increment
- Create, refine, prioritize and maintain a product backlog with features that maximize the value of the product, while also ensuring the needs of its users and the company are met
- Daily engagement with a dedicated agile development team, and active participation in all scrum events & activities (e.g. program increment planning, sprint planning, sprinting, sprint review, sprint retrospective, daily stand-ups, etc.)
- Definition and continuous measurement of key indicators which assess the overall health of the program, and ongoing communication to project stakeholders regarding project status, impediments or blockers, and progress towards delivering against the forecasted plan
- The responsibilities of this position are not limited to this description. The incumbent may also be called on to perform relevant duties as needed
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelors degree required: preferred focus in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Product Owner supporting a digital product in an Agile development environment with a working knowledge of lean and agile values, principles and practices, and 10+ years related experience supporting digital applications and tools
- Demonstrated ability of managing large-scale implementations for highly complex projects in a matrixed environment
- Proficiency with agile project management tools (CA Agile Central, JIRA, etc.), and Microsoft Office suite
- Individual is self-organizing, self-managing, detail-oriented with a strong business sense and excellent communication skills also a good negotiator who is decisive, flexible, and open-minded, with an innate ability to manage roadblocks and conflicts leading to resolution to keep projects on track
- Prior experience within the financial services industry and working with Salesforce highly desired, and a working knowledge of life insurance and annuity products a plus
- Product Owner, Product Manager, and/or Scrum Master certification is a plus
- Salesforce Communities certification is a plus
Up to 25%
Number of Openings: