Senior Property Claims Representative
The primary purpose of the Senior Property Claim Representative is to investigate, evaluate, and resolve commercial and personal lines property and inland marine claims. Demonstrates superior claim service and produces appropriate claim settlements to our clients. It is incumbent upon this individual to understand regulations and the jurisdiction(s) involved in the claims being evaluated.
Primary Accountabilities: Responsible for the investigation, evaluation, adjustment and resolution of assigned Commercial and Personal Lines Property Claims. This position communicates directly with policyholders and their representatives. Applicant must write coverage letters, and provide effective direction to assigned claim service vendors. The individual must assure quality compliance with applicable insurance regulations and statutes. A high level of file quality is expected with this senior position and a proven track record of quality file handling is expected. Departmental productivity, quality, customer service and subrogation performance goals will be assessed to determine performance. This individual must evaluate and be responsible for meeting standards within critical deadlines.
Qualification & Background: This position reports to the Regional Property Claims Manager. Incumbents are accountable for handling claims within assigned monetary authority, and may handle claims exceeding monetary authority under the supervision of management with the requisite authority.
Requisite areas of expertise:
- Practices and procedures for handling Property Claims
- Applicable insurance regulation and codes in CIG territory
- Detailed knowledge of Commercial and Personal Lines Property and Inland Marine policy language and coverage
- Knowledge of construction industry, construction terms and materials
- Use of estimating software such as Xactimate
- Structural estimate accuracy and review
- Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary
- Drafting of complex coverage letters
- Ability to multi-task and deal with numerous complex problems or issues simultaneously
- Mathematics and the ability to comprehend charts and graphs
- Adjustment and evaluation of Time Element claims
- Read and comprehend complex contracts, technical journals and articles pertaining to Insurance claim laws and regulations.
- Field investigation and adjusting
- Taking detailed recorded statements
- Obtain and maintain a valid CA Drivers License and operate a vehicle
- Skillful evaluation/negotiation techniques and settlement practices
- Work in a virtual environment with no physical, direct supervisor
- Work in an electronic, paperless environment
Education & Experience: College degree, or equivalent experience, and two to five years of Property claims handling experience. Advanced technical training in insurance claim field and/or AIC designation is preferred.
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Career Growth
- Life Insurance
- Established and well respected company
CIGs main office is located in beautiful Monterey, CA.
Learn more about us by visiting ciginsurance.com.
Learn more about our benefits here.
Capital Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. EEO/M/F/V/H