Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Plans at a tactical level and manages the effective use of resources to transform business-specifications into cost-effective IT Security solutions. Leads assigned staff to implement and/or maintain a large, complex system or multiple smaller systems and/or assigned project(s). Manages the tactical plan for assigned IS Security projects of business significance. Advocates the use of technology to develop and/or redesign of technology solutions that enhance the business ability to do business and protects Company and Client assets consistent with legal and Company policy requirements. Responsible for all aspects of human resource management of staff.This job is a Manager: Responsible for setting work objectives and goals for employees and managing their performance. Typically involved in compensation decisions. Employees have a formal reporting relationship to this job. This job works under General Direction: Establishes procedures for attaining specific goals and objectives in a broad area of work. Generally final results are reviewed. (Typically applies to a manager or expert/top level professional.)
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Leadership role in managing team of Information Security professionals whose primary responsibilities include third party security due diligence as well as Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance.
- Understands and has input to the budget process, and shares responsibility for cost-effective expense control of assigned projects.
- Manages team with responsibilities to support and maintain complex security processes, controls or products.
- Manages team with responsibilities to plan, analyze, configure, test, document and implement new or upgrades to complex security processes, controls or products as directed.
- May directly manage operational support and maintenance of Security related processes, controls or products.
- May directly manage the configuration, testing, documentation and implementation of upgrades to security processes, controls or products as directed.
- Leads activities or team to resolve situations involving improper attempts to access or infiltrate our networks.
- Escalate items to the investigation process.
- Propose/evaluate/recommend purchases and/or licensed software products to identify and address security exposures.
- Participate/lead Security and enterprise projects as assigned.
- Participate/lead in strategic planning/roadmap creation for team.
- Represents team and/or data security area at design and new technology meetings.
- Provides human resources management, including coaching, performance management, team development/growth and workforce planning.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Five years of experience in Computer Science or a related field required.
One year of experience as a technical lead required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline preferred. Eight years of relevant experience with data security practices, processes, and data security event investigation/resolution preferred. Three years of experience as a technical lead preferred. Prior experience managing others preferred.Broad knowledge of all IT related technologies with subject matter expertise in IT Security related technology and business exposures impacting organizational vitality preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Problem Solving: Demonstrates sound analytic and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are loosely defined and/or conflict with available information. Knows where to obtain information needed to make the appropriate decisions. Breaks a problem down to manageable pieces and implements effective, timely solutions.Is very good at identifying the problem versus the symptom. Deals increasingly with problems that require involvement of others to solve. Has the ability to reach sound decisions quickly. Carefully evaluates alternative risks and solutions before taking action. Optimizes the use of all available resources.
Team Orientation: Maintains partnerships across the organization, and is able to influence senior management, peers and subordinates through an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities and knowledge. Balances team and individual priorities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interest.
Leadership: Manages functional objectives and priorities supporting multiple assigned business units. Responsibilities are assigned with latitude for setting priorities and decision-making using generally accepted guidelines.Results are reviewed with next-level manager for clarification according to predefined objectives.
Planning and Project Management:Develops operational plans and provides resource estimation for task planning.Proposes plans of action that are timely, realistic, and positive. Sets appropriate goals for projects and monitors progress against the plan.Delegates to maximize organizational effectiveness.
Weekend work hours (Occasionally) Overnight work hours (Occasionally) Holiday work hours (Federal and religious) (Occasionally) On call as needed.
Operates standard office equipment (Continuously) Sitting (Can stand at will) (Continuously) Standing (Occasionally) Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key (Continuously)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE