Ryan Specialty Group (RSG) is a global specialty insurance organization that provides innovative solutions for agents, brokers, and insurance carriers. The RSG family includes a wholesale brokerage operation, RT Specialty, and a collection of managing general underwriting companies, RSG Underwriting Managers. RSGUM is looking for a Senior Auditor to join our Chicago office. We are a fast paced, energetic and rapidly growing organization that offers a great opportunity for someone interested in developing their insurance career.
Ryan Specialty Group seeks a Senior Auditor who is responsible for planning and completing internal audits as part of the internal audit plan. This responsibility includes developing audit scope, procedures, and preparing internal audit reports that reflect work performance results.
- Responsible for the review and quality checks of various insurance and non-insurance related projects, insuring compliance with external and internal regulations.
- Develop, enhance and maintain audit procedural checkpoints, methods and techniques in order to validate information and minimize risk.
- Works with appropriate business partners to prepare for carrier audits.
- Responsible for auditing MGU policy files on a set cycle to validate adherence to agreements and confirm that file structure and content meet company standards.
- Analyze, review and report breaches in authority to insure integrity of processes and procedures
- Review policies for completeness, and develop and recommend internal controls to minimize risk exposure and improve operational efficiency
- Review carrier agreement set up in IMS against the signed agreements
- Provide regular relevant audit findings and provide recommendations for improvements to appropriate parties.
- Provide feedback to the Operations team on improvements needed, while maintaining independence
- Guide and mentor junior members of the audit team through audit reviews, controls and process implementation
- Perform special projects as needed to support the audit function of the MGU.
- 5 years with an Insurance organization in the capacity as a carrier or underwriting auditor.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, data management skills and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated experience reviewing contracts in order to make sure agreements are understood to enable auditing.
- Organized, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to take initiative, guide, and influence others toward goal accomplishment.
- Working knowledge of audit frameworks.
- Strong business acumen and deep knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
Ryan Specialty Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Premium Audit, Underwriting