The ideal candidate has a strong Business/IT background and is seeking a career in a rapidly expanding company that provides targeted capital investments in talent and companies. The Business Analyst will be responsible for configuring, troubleshooting and training for our MGA/MGU Agency management system and participating in special projects to continually improve our processes and services standards.
- Assist the Technical Operations Manager with miscellaneous management responsibilities, including training, reporting, and workflow management.
- Act as a team lead in managing workflow and mentoring staff.
- Manage or lead system maintenance or new line setup projects or initiatives.
- Manage project inventories, project management and deliverables.
- Provide administrative support and training on an MGA/MGU Agency management system.
- Specify, document, and test additions and modifications to the system.
- Troubleshoot application errors and user issues.
- In conjunction with users, isolate problems, determine solutions or alternatives, and develop and implement a resolution.
- Look for opportunities to improve user instructions or train for better understanding.
- Creates SQL driven reporting, both ad hoc and for regular use.
- Creates or modifies complex Excel spreadsheets and Word documents incorporated into the agency management system.
- Ensures the integrity of the system at all times including data integrity when developing, maintaining or enhancing setups and reports.
- Participate in or handle special projects, as needed.
- Collaborates with resources across the organization to pursue continual process optimization and innovation.
- BA/BS degree. A degree in business and/or a technology related is preferred, but not required.
- 5 years of experience in an office environment and MGA/MGU experience preferred.
- Experience administering or configuring an MGA/MGU agency management systems a plus.
- Structured Query Language (SQL) skills preferred.
- Strong MS Excel skills. Strong MS Access and Project skills a plus.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and data integrity.
- Able to work independently and juggle multiple projects and clients.
- Ability to work well within a team and to continually learn in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
Ryan Specialty Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Melville, New York