RT Specialty, a division of Ryan Specialty Group is looking for Commercial Lines Production Underwriter to join our office in Buffalo, NY. We are a fast paced, energetic and rapidly growing organization that offers a great opportunity for someone interested in further developing their career.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in Commercial Lines. Attention to detail, a strong sense of integrity and discretion, and a professional demeanor are all mandatory.
- Responsible for business development with current customer base, using sales and marketing techniques to gain additional business for the organization.
- Responsible for reviewing applications for all lines of commercial insurance on behalf of the carriers we represent to determine underwriting eligibility as well as new and/or renewal business submissions.
- Provide rate quotes for applications, and placing acceptable risks with a wide array of carriers.
- Must maintain timely sales and service goals as outlined by the Commercial Lines Manager.
- Maintain positive relationships with current brokers through marketing efforts as well as handling client communication and inquiries.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a commercial insurance brokerage or underwriting environment.
- Valid NYS Brokers license required.
- Wholesale or retail agency/brokerage experience preferred.
- Must have strong communication and technological skills, exceptional problem solving and organizational skills.
- Must possess very strong interpersonal skills, including exceptional communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including, but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
Ryan Specialty Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Depew, New York
Product Manager, Underwriting