Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
This position is the primary point of accountability to Business Partners and other parties for the management and implementation of the medium to large size Projects or small to medium sized Programs that support achievement of moderate to complex unit or corporate goals.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Travelers Enterprise Business Intelligence and Analytics team is looking for a Project Director for managing and executing programs and initiative within the Artificial Intelligence space in an agile oriented methodology. This role helps drive Travelers forward on our innovation journey by leading emerging technology capabilities that help deliver business impacts across the enterprise.The right individual will possess technical, process and people skills in managing one or more focused teams using Agile Methodology. The candidate should be able to facilitate relationships with senior personnel, as well as easily interact and give guidance to Data Engineers, Developers and Analytics to deliver to the goals. The right individual will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. If you are someone who enjoys working in an innovating team in solving challenging problems still laser focused on the outcome and the value to the business we would love to have you on the team.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 5 years of project management experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred. 7 years of project management experience preferred. 2 years of experience managing others and/or project teams preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Primary Job Duties and Resp. (Essential Functions
- Responsible for leading the Agile team and applying scrum to achieve business value
- Integrate with project, technology and business partners to manage the projects and be proactive in gathering status updates from partners, while minimizing impact.
- Establish program level cadence and drive program level ceremonies (e.g. PI Planning, PI Demo, Scrum of Scrums, release train retrospectives etc)
- Work with other program leaders to drive the definition and refinement of the program backlog
- Provide leadership, direction, and coaching to agile teams and Scrum Masters
- The lead might also step in at times to help play the role of a scrum master if required based on the project priorities
- 3 to 5yrs + Scrum Master experience - Scrum Master Certification is preferred.
- Experience of a 1+ year as a release train engineer on a agile train is preferred
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and framework (Safe, Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.)
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Ability to lead and influence team in adopting the Agile principles
- Ability to ensure the correct use of Scrum process.
- Ability to manage complex project(s) simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to foster strong collaboration among team members and help team solve problems.
- Excellent communication in addition to collaboration, analytical and presentation skills; ability to synthesize complex data into actionable presentations / reports and communicate technical concepts to non-technical clients
Preferred Job Specific skills
- Experience working with AI and Advanced analytics teams and projects
- Passion for technology and follow the advancements in technology
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to lead effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE