Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
We are seeking a talented professional to join the Bond & Specialty Insurance Information Technology organization as a Product Owner. As Product Owner you will take responsibility for the development and ongoing enhancements of the MDM product portfolio. In this position, you will partner with the other MDM Product Managers to identify, define, analyze, prioritize and refine the requirements, and will communicate those requirements to the development team. You will need to prioritize tradeoffs, clarify requirements, and work to drive user stories to acceptance throughout the Agile software development lifecycle. You will work directly with our various internal and external stakeholders, including senior staff and department managers, as well as with a small development team to ensure successful translation of those requirements into high-quality output.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Writing user stories and scenarios.
- Collaborate with the Product Managers, Development Managers and Quality Assurance to maintain the product backlog.
- Making rapid tactical development decisions if they impact functionality or usability.
- Participating in technical release planning.
- Participating in Sprint planning, review, and retrospective meetings and providing feedback to the team.
- Validate requirements, user stories, and acceptance criteria with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintaining constant communication with the team.
- Manage scope and define minimum viable product for assigned development concepts.
- Helping the team to estimate development time for each scenario.
- Work closely with UI/UX teams to drive experience maps, concept storyboards, functional wireframes and other user experiences.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 1 year of project management experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred. 2 years of project management experience preferred. Experience managing the entire life cycle of a project preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Able to work in a team environment and independently
- Ability to effectively coordinate teams / project management skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong Presentation skills
- Solid working knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel/Pivot Tables
- Demonstrates initiative and maintains a positive attitude
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 2 years of project management experience preferred.
- Experience managing the entire life cycle of a project preferred.
- Background in Property & Casualty or Surety underwriting desirable.
- Project Management and/or Business Analysis experience desirable.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE