Vendor Management Coordinator
Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, rated A+ (Superior) by the leading independent rating organization for the industry, is growing rapidly and has operations throughout the US. Corporate Headquarters located in Wilkes-Barre, PA, GUARD offers a variety of coverages backed by the unrivaled security of a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
Were seeking a self-motivated Vendor Management Coordinator with experience managing vendors performance. The successful candidate will work directly with vendors to ensure proper service level and review monthly vendor spend and performance. He or she will coordinate with other departments to ensure all adequate vendor usage and feedback. We are looking for a creative and dedicated individual who will fit with our collaborative culture. If you enjoy working with other professionals who believe in creating innovative solutions to problems, we encourage you to apply.
- Work closely with claims department to obtain superior vendors
- Negotiate with vendors to obtain best service and price
- Meet with vendors regularly to review vendor performance and spending
- Create standards to evaluate vendor quality and performance
- Conduct routine audits based on quality standards
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals
- Ensure vendor performance improvement plans and corrective action as required
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with senior management as well as other staff members
- Advanced time management and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Problem solving and multi-tasking skills with attention to detail
- Effective time management, organization and prioritization skills to reach objectives
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong negotiation skills
At Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, we take great pride in bringing out the best in our employees guiding them along a career track of professional development and success!
Backed by our ultimate parent, Berkshire Hathaway Inc, we are aggressively expanding and enhancing our commercial lines products offerings with the goal of being the premier name for business insurance which creates opportunities for our staff!
Some Highlights of our Benefits are:
Excellent working hours (Operating hours are from 8am-4:30pm M-F).
Generous amount of vacation and sick time. Closed on all major holidays.
401K with company match and profit sharing.
A competitive healthcare package.
Tuition reimbursement after 6 months of employment.
Be part of Berkshire Hathaway, one of the world's most admired companies. We offer opportunities to advance your career!