2 days left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
We are looking for a data architect interested in working for a dynamic, fast paced organization. You will build, optimize and maintain conceptual and logical database models.
In this role, you should know how to analyze system requirements and implement migration methods for existing data. Hands-on experience with SQL is also required. Ideally, you are familiar with predictive analysis and data visualization techniques using relevant tools (e.g. Tableau, D3.js and R.). You should be a team player and excellent communicator. If you are passionate about data architecture and have commercial property and casualty insurance experience, wed like to have a conversation with you.
Your goal will be to develop database solutions to ensure company information is stored effectively and securely.
Our team operates as a start-up under the Berkshire Hathaway organization. We follow an agile workflow with an emphasis on continual improvement and communication.Responsibilities
- Develop database solutions to store and retrieve company information
- Install and configure information systems to ensure functionality
- Analyze structural requirements for new software and applications
- Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements
- Optimize new and current database systems
- Define security and backup procedures
- Coordinate with the business analysts to identify future needs and requirements
- Provide operational support for Management Information Systems (MIS)
- 3+ Years of experience as a Data Architect, Data Scientist, Data Analyst or similar role with a Commercial Property & Casualty Insurance company
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
- Expertise in Microsoft SQL and proficiency in MS Excel
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, D3.js and R)
- Proven analytical skills
- Problem-solving attitude
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- BS/BA in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- Commercial Property & Casualty Insurance experience is also preferred
biBERK is where commercial insurance buyers can obtain coverage for their businesses from insurers of the Berkshire Hathaway group of Insurance Companies, one of the best capitalized insurance groups in the world. Our ultimate parent, Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (berkshirehathaway.com) is a holding company with diversified interests in a host of industries, including insurance, energy, transportation and manufacturing. Most policies issued through biBERK.com will be underwritten by Berkshire Hathaway Direct Insurance Company ("BHDIC"), which is an AM Best rated A++ insurer.
BHDIC is domiciled in Omaha, Nebraska. BHDIC and the team at biBERK are focused on helping small business owners quickly and easily buy affordable insurance directly from a financially strong insurance company they can trust.